Sunday, September 5, 2010

Brugmansia (Angel Trumpet)





One of my favorite plants. It is a tender perennial and will die with the first good frost so you must bring it in over the winter. On the other hand, you can easily root these in straight water so it might be easier to simply root a few cuttings to bring in over the winter. I will post pictures and instructions next time I take a cutting. Anyway I currently have two varieties the one pictured here being "Frosty Pink". You can smell the flowers all the way across the yard at night when the blooms really open up. And there is no describing the scent other than almost intoxicating. You can check out the web for more detailed info on these but the main thing I have learned is to keep them well watered, well fertilized, and although most sites say full sun, I have good results in only part sun. The roots are very vigorous and fibrous so if your trying to keep the same plant alive for years by bringing it in for the winter, repot it every growing season and give the roots a good detangling.

No comments:

Post a Comment